Having a Ball (all in aid of Exmouth RNLI)!
You may already know that Krispies are hosting a Fish & Chip Ball in aid of Exmouth RNLI on the 22nd September this year. You may in fact have already have bought your tickets and if so thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the night.
The reason Krispies are hosting this fabulous fund raising evening, where all the proceeds go directly to Exmouth RNLI (not the main charity but our guys right here in Exmouth), is because the RNLI is an organisation very close to our hearts. Tim is, of course, a volunteer crew member which makes me a volunteer Crew Members wife so between us we both understand some of the sacrifices that need to be made by both Crew Members and their families so we can keep people in the waters around Exmouth safe whatever time of the day or night they might get into trouble.
To help us reach our fund raising goal of £10,000 (and hopefully exceed it) we have had many companies and businesses donate time and products for free so as much money as possible will go directly to Exmouth RNLI. Here is a list of our donors and sponsors and their contribution to the evening:
- We have not one, not two, not three but Four fabulous fish fryers who are coming to fry especially for us on the evening. Between them they have won many awards and have countless years of experience:
- Fred Capel of Chez Fred is widely considered to be the ‘Gordon Ramsey ‘ of the chip world.
- Nick Miller of Millers of Haxby, whose shop is the current holder of the prestigious Fish & Chip Shop of the Year Award, is coming all the way from Yorkshire just to support Exmouth RNLI
- James Richie of Simpsons in Cheltenham, Winner of the Fish & Chip Shop of the Year Award in 2016 completes this tremendous trio!
- Stelios Theocharous, owner of Ceres UK, creator of our bespoke Natural Batter
- Ceres Pure Food Innovation have donated all the batter, Stelio will be frying and his staff will be helping out our amazing fryers with the rest of the cooking. This generous donation includes putting his team up in a hotel for the night!
- JFK Gadus have donated all the fresh fish.
- Williams Potatoes have donated all the potatoes for the chips and have sponsored the photo booth.
- SJB Foods have sponsored the welcome drinks.
- Greendale Farm Shop have donated crackers for the starters.
- KFE have donated the industrial fryers and will be setting them up so the award winning fryers, flown in especially, can cook the amazing fish and chips it top quality equipment.
- Krispies will donate all the food not donated by others with exception of the deserts.
This very special evening is not only a chance to raise money for Exmouth RNLI but also to thank the Crew Members and their families for all they give throughout the year come rain or shine. It gives them a chance to let their hair down and enjoy the evening too.
As I write I am delighted to say that the event is sold out, if you are lucky enough to have a ticket, then we look forward to seeing you on the night which if bound to be good fun for all and an opportunity to raise as much money as possible.