Krispies Poetry Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The poetry competition (the "Competition") is open anyone living in the UK
2. To enter the Competition you need to write a poem that is original in every way.
3. To enter the Competition you can:
- Fill in the submission form by clicking
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Krispies are not responsible or any entries that do not arrive
5. There are two categories to the competition 1. Under 16 and 2. Over 16.
4. When submitting your Competition entry, You MUST provide your name and which category you wish to enter (1. Under 16 or 2. Over 16). If you do not provide this information we reserve the right to default your entry. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. You may only send one entry to the Competition.
6. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11:59 pm on 24 May 2018
7. Employees or agents of Krispies Fish & Chips, or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
8. Tim and Kelly Barnes will choose the winners for both categories
9. The winning entries will be the one that Tim and Kelly Barnes considers to be the most original and creative.
10. Tim and Kelly Barnes’ decision will be made on or before 1 June 2018. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
11. The name of the winners will be published on the Krispies web site at krispies.co.uk
12. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
13. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Krispies: a. Permission for your entry to be published on the Krispies website and grant Krisies a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
If you are under 16.
Getting consent from an adult
14. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
15. Krispies requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author's name, age, picture and town or city of residence on krispies.co.uk.
16. If Krispies does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
17. The Winners will have their poems published on Krispies websites and social media accounts. The winners will also receive Fish & Chips for a year. Category 1, under 16 = 2 x kids meal one a month for 12 months; Category 2 over 16 = 2 x regular cod and regular Chips once per month for 12 months
18. The winners or parents or guardians of the winners will be notified by telephone or email on or before 1 June 2018.
19. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prizes.
By submitting your poem you are asserting that it is entirely your own work and not copied or plagiarised in any way. Any challenges to the authenticity of the work that you submit are you or your parents or guardian's responsibility and you are responsible for any legal costs that might arise if the authenticity of your work is challenged. Any works suspected or found to be copied or plagiarised will be disqualified.
Some other rules
20. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
21. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
23. No purchase is necessary.
24. The Promoter of the Competition is Krispies Fish & Chips, 57 Exeter Road, Exeter, EX8 1PX. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Krispies for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
26. Krispies accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Krispies further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
27. Krispies reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Krispies in all matters under its control is final and binding.
28. Krispies shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
29. The Competition will be governed by English law.